"she is not dead, but sleeping" Luke 8:52 NKJV *
Welcome to our Aglow Speaker
The HIllsboro/Whitney TX Community Lighthouse of Aglow International
extends to you our welcome and invites you to share the messageGod has placed upon your heart.
Dear Aglow speaker,
Thank you for your willingness to share with our Aglow group. We are pleased and eager to hear the message God will give to us through you. We will be praying for God’s anointing to rest powerfully upon both your preparation and your ministry to our Lighthouse.
We trust the following information will be helpful as you prepare to speak at our meeting. May God bless you as you share with us.
What to share:
A personal testimony, a teaching, or an exhortation that would help to accomplish our mission would be especially helpful.
Time allotted to the speaker:
We will try to reserve 45 minutes to 1 hour for your message, but sometimes delays are unavoidable.
Since we may want to allow sufficient time for personal ministry afterwards, it is important that we close our meeting on time. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Honorarium: To show our appreciation for your willingness to share with us, we plan to present you with an honorarium at the close of the meeting. This will include our love gift to you and reimbursement for any travel expenses you have incurred.
At the conclusion of the meeting, the women are usually given an opportunity to receive personal prayer ministry. As the speaker, you will be asked to be part of this ministry, along with members of the Aglow executive board and selected prayer counselors. However, it is against Aglow policy to become involved in “in-depth” counseling.
For your information: Many speakers are involved in a personal ministry, a missionary organization, or a particular church affiliation. Although we acknowledge the importance of these ministries, it is against our policy to support or promote ministries other than Aglow’s. Therefore, we ask all speakers not to solicit pledges, pass out their own offering envelopes, or copy names from the Aglow mailing list.
If you would like to sell your own tapes, books, or magazines, please let us know if you need any help withthis effort.
Our vision statement is both bold and broad. It is a statement that encompasses everything we do and leaves expansion for our future.
Vision is not about direction. It is about the height we wish to achieve
To carry the truth of the Kingdom that:
• Restores people to a radiant place of
relationship with God and one another
• Breaks the tyranny of oppression
• Brings freedom and empowerment
Our mission statement is descriptive of what we do and addresses the question of why we exist. These are the things God has called us to do as an organization.
Aglow International is a Kingdom Movement committed to seeing God’s will done on earth as it is in Heaven. We do this through:
• Mobilizing millions into a company of warriors, champions, and global leaders of significance.
• Establishing powerful Kingdom Communities founded on the fullness of Christ
in every nation of the world.
• Empowering people to develop resources that enable them to take advantage of all that God is releasing from Heaven.
• Forming apostolic teams that demonstrate the power of Heaven in the darkest places of earth.
• Cultivating a worldwide presence that creates an atmosphere of celebration,
impartation, and restoration.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
• We believe in the one and only triune God. We acknowledge there is one true God consisting of three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit .
• We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, crucified, died, was buried, and resurrected. He ascended into heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man.
• We believe the Bible is the Word of God, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and is our rule of faith and practice.
• We believe that all are born sinners; the Holy Spirit convicts of sin; the Lord Jesus Christ paid the price for sin by shedding His precious blood on the cross as the atonement for sin; those who refuse to accept His sacrifice for their sin are eternally lost; and those who repent of their sins and personally accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior receive forgiveness of sin and life everlasting, and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance, that all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are valid and operative today, and that the fruit of the Holy Spirit should be increasingly evident in a Christian’s life. • We believe that the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ provides healing for our spirit, soul, and body.
• We believe that we should obey Jesus’ command to preach the gospel to all the world.
• We believe that the members of the Body of Christ are the Church and that they should regularly fellowship with one another in a local church setting.
• We believe in and look for the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Downloadable Speaker Information